Sunday, February 6, 2011

Carbon Foot Print

Recently I measured my carbon foot print--or attempted to. What I found was that most of the things I was asked about I didn't even know the answer to. I have no idea how much gas, electricity, water, etc. I use per year. But that in and of itself it a fairly important revelation. I mean, these are things that are worth keeping track of (depending on your world view at least). It's hard to be environmentally conscious when you don't know what damage you're doing. I won't post the results or anything because those are meaningless since everything is way off and I just went with the "average" estimates for most things. And I also won't say I gained too much from doing this, though as I said, I did gain something. It's just that, I'm already well aware that my carbon foot print is huge, and am doing what I can to reduce it, so the reminder isn't really necessary in my case. But I will try and keep better track of the specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment